Wild fennel pesto and anchovies pasta
Ingredients (for four people)
- 320gr Linguine pasta (or spaghetti)
- 120gr anchovies fillets,
- 100gr Original Sicily Wild Fennel Pesto
- 30gr fresh chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60gr breadcrumbs
- 30gr unshelled pistachios
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the linguine following pack instructions.
- Grind the pistachios coarsely and mix with the breadcrumbs
- Heat 10ml of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and pistachio mix and roast them for a couple of minutes, stirring often to avoid that they burn. Once roasted, put aside, you will use it for garnishing (as if it was parmesan cheese)
- Peel and chop the garlic, and cut the chilly in thin slices.
- Heat 10ml of olive oil in a frying pan, then add the garlic and chilly and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the anchovies and stir fry for another two minutes, stirring gently to avoid that they break.
- Add the Organic Wild Fennel Pesto and mix it through for one minute or so. Your sauce is now ready!
- You can add some cooking water if you want a more liquid sauce.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it, mix it with the sauce and serve.
- Garnish the dishes with the mix of breadcrumb and pistachios