Squid Ink Pasta
Squid Ink Pasta is a very traditional sicilian dish. It originates from sicilian fishermen, who were trying to find a way not to waste anything of the squid they catched, and they found a delicious way to mix the ink with a sautee’ mix of garlic, cherry tomatoes and parsley.
Ingredients (for four people)
- 400gr linguine or spaghetti
- 280gr Original Sicily Squid Ink Sauce
- 100gr cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Heat the Squid Ink Sauce on a pan with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes to the sauce for one or two minutes if you want a touch of extra fresh to your pasta.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and mix with the Squid Ink Sauce at low heat for another minute. At the end, flavour with the fresh chopped parsley
- Your squid ink pasta is ready to be served!.
- If you are want even more squid taste, add the following steps:
- take 200gr of Squid and chop it in stripes
- Heat one clove of garlic in a frying pan over medium heat until it becomes golden, then take it away.
- Pour the Squid into the pan, cook for five minutes and soften with white wine for couple of extra minutes.
- Add the squid ink sauce to the squid.
Your pasta is ready to go!