Pistachio and White Chocolate Cakes
Today we wanted to enjoy some sweet pistachios and with couple of friends we prepared some amazing little cakes made of white chocolate and sweet pistachio spread. We also decided to name them, and so the Pistalicious were born!
We were all impressed of the goodness of these little cakes and of how easy is to prepare them…they make an incredible snack to share with friends! And so here I want to share the recipe for you…
The ingredients I use for the preparation are:
- 90gr Pistachio Sweet Spread from Original Sicily
- 140gr white chocolate
- sliced almonds
And here is how easy is to make them…
- Melt almost all the chocolate (130gr) in an appropriate mincrowave or, better, over the stove. To melt over the stove, heat a small pot with several inches of water. Then cover the top with a tightly fitting, heat-proof bowl. Make sure that the steam cannot escape and that the surface of the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Allow the chocolate to melt in the bowl, stirring occasionally.
- While the chocolate is still hot, pour the Pistachio Sweet Spread and mixed thoroughly. Then, pour the mix into some cupcake or muffin moulds. Store in the fridge for couple of hours or until refrigerated.
- When ready, remove the mini cakes from the moulds and turn them around. Melt and pour some more white chocolate on top of the cakes and garnish with sliced almonds on top. If you are a true pistachio lover, you can use some pistachio flour to sprinkle on top with some sliced pistachios instead.
Your Pistalicious are ready to eat!
Make sure you use the Original Sicily Pistachio Sweet Spread to make the pistalicious! Only the true pistachios from Bronte will give your cakes a bright green colour and an incomparable taste.