Pasta with Red Sicilian Pesto and Bacon
Ingredients (for four people)
- 100gr streaky bacon
- 400 gr pasta (any pasta you prefer! we suggest spaghetti or penne)
- 1 tablespoon of extravergin olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- three tablespoons of Organic Red Sicilian Pesto
- grated parmesan to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the diced bacon for 3-4 mins until just starting to crisp. Stir in the onion and cook for another 3-4 mins, then add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Heat the Organic Red Sicilian Pesto at low temperature for 3-4 minutes stirring every so often. Add some water pasta to thin the sauce if preferred
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce at low heat for couple of minutes. Add the bacon to the mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan if you like.
Your pasta dish is ready!