Pasta with Pistachio Pesto and Ricotta
Ingredients (for four people)
- 400gr fresh pasta (try with some "fusilli Molisana" that you can find at Farro).
- 400gr ricotta (try with Massimo ricotta at Farro)
- 4 tablespoons of hot water (better from the cooking pasta water)
- 4 tablespoons of Original Sicily Pistachio Pesto
- pistachio grains to garnish (to keep your meal 100% Italian get some shelled Pistachios from Original Sicily and grind them)
- Bring the water to boil in a large pot. Don't be shy, the pasta will have to swim in that water!
- Pour salt in the water. I usually put 1 tablespoon of table salt water for 100gr of pasta. Don't be scared, the salt will dissolve in the boiling water.
- When water is boiling, pour the pasta and cook following the instruction.
- In the meantime, pour the ricotta in a bowl and mix with the boiling water (4 tablespoon). Pour the Pistachio Pesto and mix
- Drain the pasta when ready, mix with the sauce. Garnish with pistachio flour and a touch of extra virgin olive oil.
Your pasta dish is ready to serve!