Pasta with Pistachio Pesto and Prawns
Ingredients (for four people)
- 500gr pasta (any short pasta you like, like Fusilli or Penne rigate)
- 300gr prawns,
- 190gr Pesto alla Brontese
- 40gr anchioves fillets (optional)
- 30ml pasta water (from pasta cooking)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, ginger, chilly, parsley
- Peel and de-shell the prawns
- Stir fry the anchovies for couple of minutes in a non-sticky frying pan with some extravirgin olive oil
- Add the prawns and sautée for another couple of minutes. Sprinkle a touch of ginger and chilli.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Drain the pasta when “al dente” (read cooking instruction in your pasta pack), keep about 30ml of the pasta water. Make sure you do not overcook the pasta.
- Pour the pasta in the frying pan at very low heat. Add the Pesto alla Brontese and mix for an extra minute. Add the pasta water if you want a more creamy sauce.
Your pasta dish is ready to serve!